Toguna: A Quality Label
I Toguna: A Quality Label
Like any company with transparency and a sense of social responsibility, the Toguna Group is organizing, as a prelude to the Labor Day, an open day on Tuesday, April 28, 2015. Objective: to make the public more aware of the quality of its productions, the production process and the delivery process.
A very special emphasis is placed on the high quality of fertilizers produced by Toguna factories. The Toguna fertilizer is of proven quality. It is particularly distinguished by a high level of nutrients.
This quality, technically proven, has been steadily improving since the start of the company’s activities in 2006.
Toguna, the best alternative for the agricultural boom
Toguna products, given their extremely high quality, are a real boon for rural Mali and the sub-region.
Toguna has received several international awards on product quality and management such as:
– International Trophy for Quality in 2010
– Star Quality in 2011
– International Star for Quality in 2012
Toguna pays particular attention to producing fertilizers as compliant as possible with the legislation in force. Its in-house laboratory allows it to carry out constant checks, especially during the campaign, to ensure the quality of fertilizers delivered.
II. Good to know :
TOGUNA AGRO-INDUSTRIES is a Malian company specialized in the production of agricultural fertilizers. Its purpose is to contribute to the development of agriculture in Africa through the improvement of agricultural productivity.
As a reminder, Toguna is the main fertilizer plant in Mali and the country’s leading private export company. It employs nearly 900 people. The company has always strived to produce quality fertilizers, to produce them in its factories in Mali and to participate actively in the social, cultural, educational and health life of the country through the Toguna Group corporate foundation.
To adapt to the evolution of its sector of activity, more and more competitive, the company TOGUNA AGRO-INDUSTRIES is committed to a quality approach to satisfy its customers always better. She has adopted a style of customer-oriented management and efficiency. Its internal organization is thus strengthened and its customers can be reassured.
Several objectives are targeted:
– Ensure the quality of fertilizers by respecting their physicochemical characteristics;
– Ensure the satisfaction of the customers by the respect of the contractual commitments (good quality of the products, conformity of the quantities, respect of the deadlines and places of delivery);
– Work according to the rules of good practice defined in the internal procedures and in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements of the flow markets;
– Disseminate quality culture to staff through training, internal communication and awareness;
– Develop innovative products thanks to the company’s ability to synergize agricultural research, farmers’ demands and the formulation of its products;
– Control operating costs and improve the profitability of the company;
– Strengthen Toguna Group’s leadership in the Malian agricultural fertilizer market and increase its positioning in the ECOWAS region;
– To perpetuate the company by obtaining and maintaining the ISO 9001: 2008 quality management system (QMS) certification, proof of professionalism.
The Toguna Directorate is committed to mobilizing all the resources necessary to achieve the quality objectives it has set for itself.
Intense internal and external communication is thus deployed to encourage the involvement of staff, strengthen the culture of the company’s performance and effectively deal with the development concerns of the Malian and sub-regional agricultural sector.
THE TOGUNA QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
1- The QUALITY POLICY displayed practically at all strategic points and in which the management commits itself to mobilize all the necessary resources to reach the objectives of the quality;
2- A steering committee of 10 members including 4 trained auditors, and carrying out audits in accordance with the half-yearly audit program;
3- The steering committee meets every month with the following agenda:
– Validation of the previous CoPi
– Customer complaint (customer complaints to see the differences)
– Non-compliance / malfunctions, Evolution
– News / changes
– Improvements Track
– Supplier evaluation
– Customer satisfaction
– Monitoring objectives / indicators;
4- Every 45 days if necessary is held a sensitization meeting of production with respect to quality (the requirements of international standards ISO 9001) with awareness report;
5- Every dysfunction found and proven is taken care of by the committee and the management by its commitment in the quality policy until the closing.